Hello. Here everything we did on the trip to the Wisconsin Spring Feis.
We left for Milwaukee at about 10:00. We stopped about twice on the way, one at the gas station and one at a rest stop. When we got to our hotel, La Quinta, we were surprised that we didn't have a room with a kitchen and our room was surprisingly dirty. We also had a window by the pool. Sese, Miranda, and I got on our swimsuits right away and went swimming in the pool. The pool was a very nice large pool, and it had a little hot tub in the corner. Of course, Miranda and I had to continually run up to the steps and out of the water because Selena was being the 'Water Witch'. She pulled me out to the middle of the pool a couple times. We went back up after about an hour, and then we watched TV and had Spaghetti. After that, Sonja, Mom, and I went to the place where the feis was going to be and got our numbers for the feis. We went back to the hotel. After that we basically went to bed.
Right after I got up, I put on my clothes for the feis and went down with Dad and Meema to the Breakfast Area. I had a small bowl of Fruit Loops, and I had a bowl of Rice Crispies. We went upstairs and I began to put on my wig. Doing my poof (putting my bangs up) was kind of hard because I had a part in my hair. I had to put my bangs to the side because we just COULDN'T do it in a good poof. Then we packed up and left for the feis. Dad dropped us off right at the door and we went in, went up two escalators, and entered the feis. Mom and Sonja went off to shop for bloomers and a headband, so Miranda and I warmed up and danced on the stage. Then, someone sang the national anthem, and all other sorts of anthems that I wouldn't know. Miranda and I went to look at the vendors, and then went back to get dressed, because our stage had started and we needed to be ready to dance. Miranda and I were NOT competing against each other. I went first in my Treble Jig, so I checked in and waited till the group before me had finished. Miranda went right after me and so we both danced our Treble Jig well. A few groups later, I danced my Hornpipe. Miranda did right after me again. Then we went to Sonja's awards. She placed in everything and got a 2nd in overall. Miranda and I went with mom to see if the results for our Treble Jig was up. My Treble Jig and Hornpipe results were up. I got a 4th in my Treble Jig and a 4th in my Hornpipe. Miranda got a 9th in her Treble Jig, but her Hornpipe results were up. We got undressed and watched Sese dance her Slip Jig, Treble Jig and Set. Miranda was checking her results for Hornpipe. She didn't place. She wasn't too happy about that. Daddy got us a Pretzel with Cheese Sauce for lunch, and we ate that in the lunch area. We danced our Reel about 10 minutes later and went to Sese's awards. I'm not sure what she got except I know that she got a 6th in overall. I checked if our Reel results we up yet. They were, and we both hadn't placed. After that, Miranda and I ran over to our stage and danced our Slip Jig. Finally, we were able to get undressed and take off our shoes. Shortly after that, Miranda's results for her Slip Jig were up and we checked those. She didn't place in her Slip Jig. I went with her, and as my results for Slip Jig weren't up yet, I stayed and waited till a lady came and posted them. I didn't place, either. We packed up and took all of our stuff down to the entry way where we waited for dad to bring the car up. Dad had gotten two bottles of Sprite, so I opened one a little to fast and it spilled on the floor. We had to go and get paper towels from the bathroom to clean in up. Dad FINALLY came and we took all of our stuff out to the car. We drove away from the place and began to take our wigs off. We stopped in Madison at McDonald's to have lunch, and then we went off. We stopped at one rest stop after that. Sonja came in the backseat in the middle and slept with us. When we woke up, we were a few minutes away from home.
Well, that's what happened. Here are a few pictures of us at the feis and hotel:
This is Miranda and I. We look taller because dad was crouching down when he took the picture.
Here is Sonja, Miranda, and me.
Sonja and Sese
Here is me in line for my Hornpipe, I think.
This is a picture of cows outside the custard shop beside our hotel. It is called Kopps, and their ice cream is REALLY good. We went there the night before the feis.
Well, that's all of our trip to Milwaukee!
P.S. If you want to enlarge the pictures, just click on them.
No comments:
Post a Comment