Friday, August 23, 2013

The State Fair!!!

Hello.
I will tell you what has happened in the past few days/weeks. I will start with the Two Rivers Feile.

I did very well: I got a 1st in my reel, a 1st in my treble jig, and an 8th in my hornpipe. I don't even know why they even have medals for 8th place. They were gold, too.

Yesterday we went to the State Fair. It was very fun. I will tell you all that I can remember.
We left for our bus at about 8:15 and drove down to the school where you are supposed to park your car. We waited about 5 minutes and the bus showed up. It was pretty packed already, so we had to stand up. It was the most terrible bus ride of my life. Well, we got there and gave are tickets to the people. We decided to look at the Skyride and the Space Tower first. It was all like, 4 bucks a person, so we're like, this is too expensive let's not do this. So we went over to look at the Giant Slide, but that was too expensive so we didn't do that. So we went over to the Midway and we went on the Ferris Wheel, and Sese and I went on a fun ride called 'The Fun Factory', and then Sonja and Sese went on a ride called 'The Alpine Bobs'. Well, we had used up all of our rides tickets so we decided we would get some food, so we walked over to the shave ice stand which is right by the Coliseum. It was very very good. We went inside the Coliseum and ate it there. The English riding horses were there and they were doing their jumps over fences. (I hope you understand what English riding horses mean) I don't really like them. I like the cowboys better. Well, then it was getting to be about lunch time so Sonja went and got herself some fish and chips, and we got a pretzel and cheese sauce, and some spicy fries from Dino's, and Mom got this really good wrap that had lamb meat, and tomatoes, and some sort of sauce that tasted like spicy mayo. We went to Leiny's Lodge to eat our lunch and we saw this band called, 'Mountain Heart'. They were very good. We stayed for a while, but then we went over to the International Bazaar. We looked about in the merchandise and we found a nice little booth that had these little animals that were made out of stretchy fabric and have little beans inside. Sonja, Sese, and I got little dragons, and Miranda got a monkey. My dragon is purple and blue and has sparkles, Sonja's is green with sparkles, and Sese's is white with sparkles and it has a pink stomach. Miranda's monkey is like a neon rainbow color with sparkles. Then Sonja and Sese got a smoothie and Miranda and I got some cotton candy. Well, then we went down to the Horse barns and saw some horses and some donkeys. Then we went to the Sheep and Poultry barns and we saw those things, and we also saw the rabbits. They were adorable. Then I think we went to the Agstar Arena, but nothing was happening there, so we went outside and saw the Clinesdale Horses. They are BIG. Gargantuan size, they're HUMONGUS!! We saw them getting ready for the parade. After that we got a Funnel Cake at the food building and we ate that. Then we went into the Creative Activities building and we saw all sorts of cool stuff that people had made. One person had even made a wig out of pink yarn!! After that we decided we should go home. So we went out to where our bus was supposed to be and waited and waited and waited until it had been at least 30 minutes and we were getting all mad. So then this other bus driver comes and informs us that our bus has broken down. So, they got us a special bus to go in. This time we actually got seats. So, we drove home. Oh, also, sometime (I can't remember when), we went to the Miracle of Birth Center and saw a little lamb being born. So that's all that happened at the fair. But I had a really bad cough yesterday, and my voice got very hoarse by the end of the day. It's funny, my throat feels fine, but I just have a bad goose cough. Well, that's all for now.

Love,
~Izzy~

2 comments:

  1. What was your favorite thing at the Fair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I really liked the rides, and the shave ice was the best thing we ate.

      Delete