Sunday, March 11, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Tour Days 1-2

Hello. Sorry I didn't post about tour yet. I was going to, but the computer didn't save it. Anyway, I'm going to tell you about day one:

Our first show was at the Golden Years School. (a preschool) We danced on carpet. We were missing 2 people for Scythian Reel, so we had to do a six-person. We managed to work it out. I was doing a hardshoe part in Scythian, so I had to change my shoes in about 40 bars. But, for that first show that didn't work out. There was a 24 bar solo for me to change my shoes, but the person who was supposed to do it missed it, so Fauna (my teacher, as I have explained) just told me to do it. Immediately after that I had to get in the hardshoe line, which I had to do in my softshoes. There was originally a dance in between Scythian and Bad Haggis, but Fauna said that it was too long for preschoolers, so, I had to do Bad Haggis in my softshoes too. (Bad Haggis is a hardshoe dance) I was finally able to change my shoes after those dances for the Treble Reel. 

The next two shows that we did were at the IDS Crystal Court. We ran through basically everything in our dressing room. I didn't do that solo for the Scythian Reel, and I just made it for changing my shoes. The people we were missing still didn't show up, so we just continued doing a six-person Scythian. 
Here we are doing Bad Haggis:


Our last show of the day was at Summerwood Assisted Living. They had carpet too, but that is normal for nursing homes. We had a very nice dressing room. It was pretty big. I didn't do the hardshoe part for Scythian, because we were missing two people again for that part of Scythian Reel. So, that day went pretty well. 

 

Day two:

 Our first shows were at Ridgedale Mall. Granny and G-pop came to our first show. I did do the hardshoe part of Scythian that time. Mom was doing music, so Sonja and Sese helped me with my shoes. For the second show some friends from church came and watched us.





 Here is a picture of me in my leather jacket at Ridgedale Mall:
I'm doing the hardshoe part of Scythian in this picture:
Here is Granny, G-pop, Sonja, Sese, Meema and me at Ridgedale Mall


The ending of Scythian 


The Treble Reel 


Miranda and I after the second Ridgedale show



Shows No. 3 and 4 were at the Southdale Mall. Our dressing room wasn't very nice. we couldn't all fit in there, so we used the halls and other spaces. For the first show I did the my shoe change the fastest that I had ever done! Some other friends that I haven't seen in a while came as watched us for the first show. 

Our last show was at Clare Bridge Memory Care Center. I did the hardshoe part of Scythian in my soft shoes that time. Our 'backstage' wasn't one at all, so we were pretty crowded together. 

Well, that's our tour days 1 and 2! I don't have any pictures from Southdale Mall, and neither from Clare Bridge. 

I will blog about the rest of the tour days and post lots of pictures!
Bye 

P.S. If you would like to view the pictures bigger, just click on them

2 comments:

  1. P.P.S. The first picture is of Bad Haggis. I was going to edit it, but it didn't save it.
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a several fans at Southdale too.....We enjoyed both shows!!
    Aunt Jan

    ReplyDelete