Thursday, March 1, 2012

This post is basically all about Redwall

Hello. 
Today we went to the library. I'm already stocked up on Redwall books, so I didn't need any more. I can't wait to finish Luke the Warrior , so then I will be able to read Taggerung. Even though I haven't read it, I know some about it. Taggerung is an otter, who was kidnapped by vermin, but he goes to find his true home. Here is the poem in the beginning of the book:

Who Can outrun the wind
Yet turn on a single leaf,
Stand Silent as an amberfly
Or steal the breath from a thief?
The Taggerung!
Who can outswim a pike
Whose eyes are keen as a hawk's,
Who brings death in his wake
Yet leaves no mark where he walk?
Zann Juskarath Taggerung!

This thing is stuck on Italic, so I'm going to have to type with it for the rest of the post. The cover of the book is really cool. He has a dagger with a sapphire on the hilt. In Lord Brocktree, the Guosim shrews have a funny rowing chant/song. I think it's a chant, and it probably is.

Here: 

Waylaheykoom!
Shrumm! Shrumm!
Waylaheykoom!
Shrumm! Shrumm!
Oh the river is deep an' swift an' wide.
Waylaheykoom!
An' there's my matey at my side!
Shrumm! Shrumm!
With the sunlight beamin' through the trees.
Waylaheykoom!
We'll all remember days like these.
Shrumm! Shrumm!
Oh oh waylaheykoom shrumm shrumm shrew, I won't forget a friend like you!

I like saying the last line around the house. I really should write this down and so I can actually return the book to the library. I should write down a list of all of the bad guys too. Let's see, the first one is Cluny the Scourge, then Tsarmina, then Slagar the Cruel, Gabool the Wild, Ferhago the Assasin, Badrang, Urgan Nagru,Swartt Sixclaw, Ublaz Mad Eyes, High King Mokkan,Vilu Daskar, and that's as far as I have read. I'm not sure who the bad guy is in Taggerung, but I will find out soon.Well, that's all folks!
I will try to blog tomorrow. 
Bye!








 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment