Hallo.
Yesterday was the feis. It was a disaster. Not really. It just seemed like it. Everybody was squished into a room that was about 35' by 40'. There were two stages. Stage A was on a REAL stage, and that was super nice. Stage B was just regular pieces of wood screwed together. There were chairs diagonal (to face Stage B), and chairs frontwards (to face Stage A). The weird thing was, that the musician was playing for two stages at once. It worked like this: One stage was doing Reel, and the other stage was doing reel, so therefore, the musicians were able to play for two stages at once. Now, your asking what if one group was bigger than the other? That didn't matter. Even if your group was done, the musicians kept playing, and the judge rang the bell and we all go off. Might be hard to understand. By the way, did I mention that the feis was in the Great Room in Nickelodeon Universe? Believe it or not, it was. Outside the Great Room was the warm-up area. For awards, we went on the Terrace. It's kind of above the Great Room. For places: I got a 1st in my Treble Jig.That is one of the dances that I would be doing for Oireachtas. I think that that counts for me qualifying for Oireachtas. Kind of. I'm not sure. Anyway, I didn't get anything else. Well, for the feis, I wore Miranda's dress (You know, the watermelon and white one). And, my bangs (I'm growing them out), since they couldn't be put into side bangs, because they would just fall out, so we just pinned them up. Here's a picture:
I was waiting for awards. On the Terrace. Hmm, now. Is there anything else that I need to tell you? Well, I think that I should of placed in my Slip Jig, cause I had the hardest steps, and I think that......Well, yeah.
I'll probably blog tomorrow!
Remember to be a good sport -
ReplyDeleteSorry it was such a long day - but we were all happy for you that you firsted in TJ - you will have to practice your SJ and let me play for you each night after work (on days you don't have class)
Love,
Daddy